time code and iMovie

Derek Raby derekraby at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 26 19:36:20 PST 2002

I'm not sure how you'll be able to have the source clips' timecode appear in
the burn-in, rather than the sequence's time code (sb - how is this done?),
but...

If you do write up an EDL from the Timecode burn-in, you'll probably want to
add 2 seconds or so of pad on either side of your in and out points
("handles") so your Avid friend has a little room to do cross fades and
dissolves in and out of your clips.

Alternately, another option might be to make a sequence with all the source
clips used in your edit lined up in order (with extra pad added on the ends)
and output that to a DV tape and import those clips into the Avid.

DR