[MacDV] Digital Audio Soundcard

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Wed Aug 6 07:53:59 PDT 2003

> Is there any kind of card like this for my dual G4 1.25ghz Mac?

I have an M-Audio 4-in, 4-out 24-bit 96k card (Delta 44) and it works well.
It consists of a PCI card with a small breakout box containing 8 balanced
1/4" inputs/outputs.  But I don't know if it will work for capturing the
audio portion of a video signal if that's the intent.  The Mac OS X drivers
for the card are decent, but the Mac OS 9 drivers are a little quirky (the
settings don't seem to "stick" properly).

Hope that helps.

- Mark

BTW, it's common courtesy to *not* use the subject line as part of the
message -- when reading the actual body of the message by itself it doesn't
make sense.  (in this case -- a card like what?)