[MacDV] Re: Better support : Canon or Sony

Mike Swope mike at swopedesign.com
Wed Aug 6 15:43:22 PDT 2003

Sony's support for Macs has been historically horrible. For example, the
CD1000 (now discontinued) has no Mac OS X driver available, and none
will be available. Sony relied on Adaptec's driver for OS 9.
Unfortunately, OS X doesn't recognize the Sony mini-CD format without a
third party driver. Though I like the results with the Sony product, I
would probably be just as happy with a similarly featured product from
Canon.

There is a reason that Sony recently posted a 98% loss in profit. < THIS
IS NOT A TYPO!