Any success with mini-DVD on a Mac ?

Sean spenney at stemnet.ca
Thu Aug 7 09:53:16 PDT 2003

 From what I can glean from the 'net, mini-DVD's are video files
organized according to the standard DVD file structure but burned to the
lower speed CD-R. What you're supposed to get is about 18 minutes of
pretty snazzy video (better than SVCD, approaching DVD) on a cheap CD-R.

I've tried to do it but my standalone DVD player informs me that all
such disks are unreadable in this player (Samsung P421). This Samsung
sometimes refuses to recognize my SVCD's too but if I persist by
ejecting and reloading the SVCD, it often plays!

Has anyone had any success making mini-DVDs on a Mac and having them
play in standalone players ?

Sean