[MacDV] Re: Why the Canon miniDV over Sony

Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Thu Aug 7 14:03:15 PDT 2003

My  Canon XL1, my Canon Elura2MC and my Canon Optura all capture fine to
external firewire drives that use the Oxford 911 or newer chipset.

None of them would capture to pre-Oxford 911 firewire drives.

As I recall, in FCP, Apple doesn't support capture to any external
firewire drives with any camera.

--
Jeff Fay
Media Services Technician