Audio-Technica ATR25 microphone

Dwayne Bradley dwayne_bradley at mac.com
Fri Aug 8 07:53:53 PDT 2003

I know that someone on this list can answer this for me; not-even-novice audio person here.

Here is the URL for this microphone:

http://audio-technica.com/guide/line/atr/ATR25.html

This microphone says that it has a "Dual Unidirectional" polar pattern.  I am assuming that the "dual" part is because of it being stereo, but does the "unidirectional" part mean that it only picks up sound from the direction that it is pointed?  Since "uni" mean one, that is my assumption.  Is this what is referred to as a "shotgun" mic?

Also, does anyone have any experience with this product?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dwayne