[MacDV] Re: Looking 4 an additional external HD for my Laptop

Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:23:44 PDT 2003

I've owned 3 Western Digital FW drives. All three were pre-Oxford 911
chipset. All three had their Firewire bridge die within a month of the
time the warranty expired. The drive inside the enclosure works fine
when installed as an internal drive or when put in another FW enclosure
(WeibeTech DesktopGBs in my case).

When I contacted WD to see what options I had after the original bridges
died, I was told that my option was to "buy another drive". Needless to
say, the other drives I've bought were not WD.

jeff

--
Jeff Fay
Media Services Technician