[MacDV] Thanks for sharing:)

Ann Billups abillups at mac.com
Fri Aug 8 08:44:55 PDT 2003

I, too, had a very bad experience with Sony and warranty issues. We
bought a Sony Cybershot at school, and within 4 months the plastic
bracket thing that held the battery in place broke off. Had to
personally take it clear to West LA (they wouldn't accept a school
district PO for the repair), had to pay up front for it personally, and
then they were initially going to charge me $250 for the repair. I
whined that this was a school, that it was still within the year
warranty, etc, etc, etc, and they finally cut the  labor cost to $150.