[MacDV] switching/query

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Aug 11 08:28:53 PDT 2003

I also have been holding out and not paying for Quicktime Pro 6. Yes loading Quicktime 6 onto OSX will remove Pro 5, but you can have Quicktime 5 on OS9 and Quicktime 6 on OSX. Then launch the OS9 version of Quicktime, it will load in classic and you have access to Pro 5. In OSX you can use Quicktime 6 for buying music. I know some people would just say spend the money but I have yet to need the upgrades for Pro 6.

Dragging OSX iMovie to your upgraded Mac should not affect the OS9 version.

Good luck,
Eric

>>> donhinkle at att.net 08/11/03 09:42AM >>>
I'm one of those longtime OS9 holdouts who just now loaded Jaguar on
his/my iBook, and am moving, albeit slowly and patiently (I hope) into
fulltime X use. Lotsa questions, tho. For instance, I have iMovie that
runs in 9. It doesn't show up in the Jag apps, so I'm ready to drag that
over from the iMac, but am cautious. Do I need to delete the 9 version
iMovie, or will the newly drug iMovie, once used, overstore it? (Do need
to save disk space and no reason to work on iMovie in 9.)
	2nd question is about Quicktime 6, which I need in order to buy music
for iTunes...I paid for Quicktime Pro 5. Will v. 6 Player for X wipe
that out, or can they coexist for awhile until I'm ready to upgrade to 6 Pro?
thanks for help...

--
―donald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml