[MacDV] Re: Can the Sony DVMC-DA1 be made to work with iMovie 3?

Jeff Fay jeff.fay at uaf.edu
Mon Aug 18 12:26:35 PDT 2003

I think the main difference between the DA-1 and DA-2 is that the DA-2
added LAN-C machine control so that the camera control signals sent by
firewire can be translated into LAN-C so that a camcorder that uses
LAN-C can receive commands.

I note that the DA-2 is supported in iMovie 3; the DA-1 is not -
although the iMac site has the quote in my first message (also below in
the quoted part), so Apple either needs to correct their website or make
the DA-1 work with iMovie 3 (the latter would be my preference...).

As another aside, the DA-1 works well with Final Cut Pro 3. If it works
with FCP, why can't it work with iMovie?

Jeff