can't open file in FCP 3

sb videovideo at mac.com
Mon Aug 18 13:03:45 PDT 2003

Here's some suggestions.

First of all, close the program and trash the preferences. There are two
files, the FCP Prefs, and the MOA Cache that need to be trashed.

Then, make sure you are running FCP 3.0.2, the latest version for OS9. If
not, then download the update and install it.

You should only assign about 192MB to 256MB of RAM to Final Cut Pro.

Next, open the application (not the project!)

After you have the application launched, go to File/Open and open your
project.

If it still crashes, then try to look into your Save Vault for a slightly
previous saved version. You can quit FCP, trash the prefs again, open FCP,
then using the File/Open, go to your Save Vault and find a previous version
to open.

If the previous version opens ok, then you should File/Save AS and give it a
new name.

 HTH,

 sb