iMovie and iDVD - Updating

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sat Aug 30 20:26:11 PDT 2003

1. Despite having iMovie and iDVD Appns loaded onto my computer ,
Software Updater never shows available updates for these .  Is there
any way I can get them included?

2. On checking the Apple web site today I noted there was an update for
1DVD 3.0  to 3.0.1.  I downloaded this, but I cannot get it to update
ie. I get as far as the "destination" disc window which shows red stop
signs with exclamation marks  on both my main Hard Drive as well as the
second HD and if I click onto the either of these HD's I get the
message,  " You cannot install this Software on this Disk.  The iDVD
Application was not found in the iDVD 3 Folder, within the Applications
Folder of this Volume."

I have tried altering the names of the iDVD Appn. folder and the actual
Appn within  from iDVD to iDVD 3, or iDVD 3.0, but with no joy.   I
seem to have everything in the right places.

I am using a G4 with OS X 10.2.6 and the iDVD Appn was installed from
the "iLife" DVD package.   Prior to using the iLife DVD and following a
suggestion made on the List,  I hived off iMovie 2 into its own folder
and this caused a couple of hic-cups with carrying out updates for
iMovie 3, but I fixed that issue with retitling 1Movie 3 as required.
As far as I can recall I have not previously interfered with the iDVD
folder title, or the actual Application within.

Any suggestions please?

Ian Tucker