[MacDV] Re: Sony DCR-TRV25

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 1 10:45:31 PST 2003

>I am not sure why you are dropping frames but I have a TRV-27, same
>camera with a larger LCD screen and it works perfectly on a 733MHz G4
>with iMovie. I would ask how much memory and disk space you have. My G4
>is loaded with memory and I have a separate 50gig partition on a second
>internal 120gig drive.

I've heard that iMovie doesn't complain when it drops a frame, that it just silently keeps capturing (I heard this from an employee at the local Apple Store, so am not to sure as to how much faith to put in it).  I was able to capture with iMovie.

As for memory and disk space.  I've only got the base 512Mb, I'll be upgrading as soon as I can afford to.  I've got about 40Gb free disk space on the internal SATA disk.  I've tried capturing to both that and to the 200Gb Firewire400 drive I have (not sure how much free space it has).

			Zane