[MacDV] Sony DCR-TRV25

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Dec 1 10:23:18 PST 2003

I am not sure why you are dropping frames but I have a TRV-27, same
camera with a larger LCD screen and it works perfectly on a 733MHz G4
with iMovie. I would ask how much memory and disk space you have. My G4
is loaded with memory and I have a separate 50gig partition on a second
internal 120gig drive.

Eric

>>> healyzh at aracnet.com 12/1/2003 12:53:40 PM >>>
My wife and I bought a Sony DCR-TRV25 about a year ago, we've not used
it much, however, we have recorded some video that we'd like to get
edited and onto DVD.  A couple weeks ago, I bought a G5 2x2 with Final
Cut Express.

Sounds like the perfect solution, right?  Sadly, no.  I've hooked the
camera up, and done my best to capture video, and the best I'm able to
do, is capture about a minute of video before I drop frames (at which
point Final Cut Express severs the connection).

I'm getting more than a little frustrated here.  I've got a 1.6Ghz
Pentium 4 running Windows XP Pro, and it *NEVER* drops frames.

			Zane

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!