[MacDV] Re: Favor requested. (Again.)

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Mon Dec 1 10:22:45 PST 2003

>> And thanks to Gordon for reposting Erica's iDVD hack, sparing her yet
>> one more dumb email.
>> Jim
>
> I missed that.  SOmeone care to repost?

found this in the archive:

I would like to save more than 90 minutes to a DVD using iDVD3 but 90
minutes seems to be the limit.  If I could save the iMovie as a disc
image I could use DVD2oneX to compress the movie down to 4.4 gb.  But
there doesn't seem to be a way.  On the jewel box for the blank dvd it
says the capacity is 120 minutes at high density and a lot more and the
lower qualities, but how do you do it?

Brent

Here's a link to a web page that describes a fairly complicated way to do
it:
<http://lonestar.utsa.edu/llee/idvd.html>

Below I've included a copy of a post from Erica Sadun. It describes a method
for lowering the bit rate used to encode a project in iDVD. If you try it,
let us know how it worked!  :-)