[MacDV] Re: s-video to DVD-r

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Tue Dec 2 04:48:19 PST 2003

I was looking through the Roxio forums last night and saw others with
the same problem when encoding VCD and SVCD. The suggested work around
is to export to the camera and use the plug-and-burn option in toast 6
to take it from the camera to a CD. Since this does seem to be a bug in
Toast 6 I am amazed no one else on this list has said anything about
it.

Eric

>>> pvdl at afu.com 12/1/2003 10:01:01 AM >>>
Eric,

Have you reported the bug to the Toast guys?   They only fix bugs they

know about.
What response did they give?

On Dec 1, 2003, at 5:20 AM, Eric Phillips wrote:

> Be careful about using Toast 6. I don't know how well it works to
make
> DVDs but if you want VCD or SVCD it sucks.

----------
<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!