Formatting my hard drive

Paul Williams mulder at fred.net
Tue Dec 2 06:51:23 PST 2003

Hi All,

I'm not sure this message is appropriate for this forum, if not, i apologize.

I have a dual processing G5 on order. I like to partition my drives.
Question is, of the 160G drive that comes with the machine i don't
know how big my partitions should be.

Generally i like to keep the OS, the apps and files on separate
partitions. How big should my OS partition be? I'll be loading apps
such as FCP, DVD Studio Pro, Norton and adobe. I read here somewhere
that certain apps need to reside in the same directory as the OS
(???).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anybody know of similar forums (like this one) where i can
discuss OSX issues?

Paul Williams