[MacDV] Re: Formatting my hard drive

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Wed Dec 3 07:46:03 PST 2003

I think the more important thing here when dealing with video is not
having you video media fragmented. Not having the OS and apps fragmented
might make things run a little faster but highly fragmented video media
can cause your project to go down the tubes. I did the same thing when I
add and internal 120gig drive. I made a small partition to handle all
the high fragmentation stuff like photoshop scratch disk and browser
cache. I then made two larger ones one for video and the other for misc.
stuff. This way I can just reformat the video partition after each
project and it is good to go for the next project.

Eric

>>> mulder at fred.net 12/3/2003 10:08:30 AM >>>
Personally, i like partitions so that one partition, maybe receiving
heavy usage during multimedia editing, doesn't fragment my apps and
OS as an example.