[MacDV] Re: Video glitch on G5 w/ 9800 video

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Dec 3 18:35:46 PST 2003

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 05:38  PM, Gary Fujihara wrote:

> This anomaly only happens on my 23" external display (the main and
> only computer
> display).  I don't know about my video monitor output, as I turn this
> on only after I have
> booted up and about to fire up FCP.  Hmmmm, the video monitor output
> is fed by
> firewire (through FCP software), and so is not driven by the 9800
> video card (but could
> be accessing common memory space?).
>
> Fujmon

So then, you MUS be using some kind of firewire to vide monitor
converter and That is tuned to your 23" cinema displyy ?
  OY. I would think it wouldn't show anything unless FCP or iMovie were
on.
What does it show fter a boot?
  Are you saying that you have to start FCP twice and boot twice?
Have you tried using the 23 as your main monitor and then plugging a
video monitor of a more regular kind into that firewire converter? Or
running a dual desktop with the canvas in one window?
  Can we even do that? Sometimes I just don't know.
Jim