[MacDV] Re: Cameras with Playthrough digitizing

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Fri Dec 5 14:03:01 PST 2003

on 12/1/03 9:49 PM, DBAFeldman at aol.com at DBAFeldman at aol.com wrote:

> Neil or others,
>
> Can you output to analog with a camcorder with passthrough?
>
> I use my Canopus converter quite often. Not too much for going from analog to
> digital, but it is used frequently to output to analog. Many people still ask
> for a VHS tape. The converter saves me from copying to the camera, then again
> to VHS. My Sony TRV-900 does not have passthrough.
>
> Jamie

You can output to analog via Firewire through a camcorder even if it doesn't
do pass-thru recording. I use this to monitor video from iMovie/FCP on a
stardard NTSC monitor (am using an early Sony TRV-315 which doesn't have
pass-thru). You just have to set the preference in whatever app your using
to output video through Firewire.
--
Gregg