NTSC to PAL for DVDs

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Fri Dec 5 14:09:04 PST 2003

What would you suggest at this time for converting video from NTSC to
PAL?  We are in the process of producing NTSC Master DVDs for
duplication.  We would also like to produce PAL DVDs.  This is a low
budget operation, but paying a service bureau, or buying some
hardware or software is possible, if it doesn't cost thousands of
dollars.  I don't know what the options and trade-offs are, and would
welcome any education that you can provide me.

Currently, we have a G4.  A G5 will be ordered in January.  We use
Final Cut Pro 4 and DVD Studio Pro 2 (not that we know how to use
them well).  PC solutions could also be considered.

Thanks for your guidance,

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu