[MacDV] Best Real Time MPEG2 Encoders

Brett Koonce koonce at universe42.com
Fri Dec 5 16:42:41 PST 2003

If you're only dealing with 2-3 minutes of footage/week, a realtime
hardware card probably isn't worth the extra expense.  A software
solution will handle the job in less time than it will take to
log/capture the footage, and give you much more flexibility with
regards to final output (esp. if you're also wanting to make MPEG-4
files).

Just my .02...
-Brett