[MacDV] Still pics with Panasonic PV-DV201-K camcorder

Ann Billups abillups at mac.com
Sun Dec 7 08:02:10 PST 2003

This is a bit late, but I have a JVC camera that has a multimedia card
and only came with pc software. I have never been able to get any of my
macs to read the still memory card using the pc cables. While still on
OS9, I bought a ZIO! card reader, but they never upgraded their drivers
for OS10, so recently I bought an Inogear 6 in One USB memory card
reader and it reads the multimedia card fine. iPhoto picks it up when
plugged in. I would suggest this and not fool around with trying to
read the card in the camera. Got the reader on sale for $23 when buying
over $50 through one of the web stores.

On Thursday, November 27, 2003, at 08:20  AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Hi there calling on the collective wisdom,
>
> I've got a guy with a Panasonic PV-DV201-K camcorder and an older
> iMac. He uses
> the still picture feature quite a bit and only wants to use the shots
> on the
> web so resolution is not an issue. It's got a USB cable and FW and I
> played
> around with it for awhile trying to import the stills with iPhoto and
> iMovie on
> OSX with no luck. As I understand it the pics are stored on an 8 meg
> memory
> card but it's not a standard card that I can tell. He's got a CD of
> software
> with it but it's only for Windows nothing Mac at all. I think the best
> way for
> him to get his pics to his computer would be to read the card directly
> on some
> kind of card reader like Sandisk??? But I don't think that would work
> since the
> card looks like a Panasonic only format. (much smaller than "regular"
> flash
> cards) Can anybody help? He doesn't want to buy another camera if can
> help it.
>
> Thanx for your help
>
> Richard

> digest version.