burn movie burn

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 17:52:09 PST 2003

On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 08:25  AM, Macintosh Digital Video
List wrote:

> Subject: [MacDV] Burn DVDs using iMovie3, 2 Macs, and Panther (help?)
>
> I have completed editing a movie in iMovie3 on a B/W g3 400
> sytem running Panther. It plays out fine to the DV cam
> through firewire.
>
> We need to burn this to DVD-r. At the moment, Toast Titanium
> 5 is loaded in a different Mac running OS 9.2.2. It has the
> superdrive (a Pioneer DVR-A03 DVD) but no firewire.
>
> What choices do I have to accomplish the job? The systems
> are linked via ethernet, if that helps me and I don't mind
> moving hardware, I just hate to go down the wrong path.

there are probably several ways of doing this ;-)
I assume that imovie 2 will not open an imovie 3 project?
also that the superdrive machine has idvd?

if this is so, I would
a) export the movie via ethernet as a DV file(s) and import it into
imovie2 then burn it from there via idvd or
2) copy it to tape and reimport it into imovie 2 and then idvd

Simon Briggs
G4/1.25 DP/OSX.2.6