iDVD problem

Joyce Ranieri jranieri at twcny.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 09:49:03 PST 2003

I have been having some weird problems with iDVD. This is what I did:
1) I imported a video (my sister-in-law's wedding) into iMovie.
2) I added chapter markers for The Vows, The Reception, Cutting the
Cake.
3) I opened iDVD and applied a theme called Blue Fade (which I
downloaded -- I forget where just now).
4) I added a wedding photograph to the right of the fade (in a space
that says "Drop movies or photographs here").
5) I dragged the iMovie (Quicktime) file onto the same page.
6) I previewed the dvd -- The program automatically created a "Scene
Selection" screen, which I also previewed. Everything looked fine.
7) I burned the dvd.
8) I played back the dvd in my living room dvd player -- at the first &
last chapter markers, I got a really strange image. The image at the
bottom of the screen freezes in place while the top third of the movie
continues playing. Weird!
9) I created a new dvd project and re-did steps 3-8.
10) I double-checked the Quicktime movie and it looks fine.

My thoughts are
-- a bad theme???
--reimport the movie --maybe into Final Cut Express which I just got???

I've done three or four other dvds prior to this and had no problems at
all. (But I'll admit, I haven't much experience in this!)

Has anybody else ever had this happen to them? Any suggestions of what
I should do next?