chapter markers in iDVD

R Underwood rcundd at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 09:56:28 PST 2003

I'm working on an educational video having 10 chapters, each
on a different topic.  I want to export chapter markers from
Final Cut Pro (I have version 3.0.2 on MacOS 10.2.8) into a
DVD application (I have iDVD version 2.1) such that I can create
a simple DVD having a main menu like this:

  How to blah blah blah...

  1.  Blah
  2.  Foo
  3.  Bar
  4.  Baz

such that students viewing the DVD can go directly to viewing a
specific chapter within the 30-minute QuickTime movie.

I've noticed that iDVD 2.1 imposes a 6-link limit on a menu.
I figure I could work my 10 chapters around that if I had to.
But is it possible to create and export chapter markers from FCP3
into iDVD, or do I need to break down and buy DVD Studio Pro
or similar?

Thanks,
Rebecca