[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 and bad-quality JPEGs in final result

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Sun Dec 14 19:28:08 PST 2003

More updated information: my friend's JPEGs for his video were all cropped
to approximately 800 x 600 pixels in size. He did this because when he
imported the original-size images, he was getting black bars around the
images (i.e. did not fill the screen).

On the other hand, my test DVD (iMovie 3.03 project burned thru iDVD 3.01)
looked just fine on TV. Video & stills looked quite acceptable all the way
around.  Even though my friend's JPEGs look sharp during the transition
phases, could his re-sizing to 800x600 pixels have something to do with the
pixelized look of his stills during their non-transition phase?
Randy

--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com