[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3 and bad-quality JPEGs in final result

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Sun Dec 14 19:35:22 PST 2003

> From: "RichGB" <rgb at ellerbach.com>
>
> On [2003-Dec-13]  Randy Clark <hawkgx at planetkc.com> wrote:
>> Update on my low-quality JPEGs dilemma:  the DVD produced from the iMovie
>> 3.03 to iDVD 3.01 workflow looks pretty bad when watching it on TV as well.
>> We were hoping it was just when viewing it on the computer that the quality
>> looked poor.  It's noticeably bad on TV.  Some relatives that saw it (and
>> didn't know about our concerns) made comments about the quality when the
>> stills appear outside the transitions.
>>
>> Still searching for answers...
>
> Well if it looks bad on the TV then nothing I know you can do in iM that is
> going to make any difference at this stage.
>
> Di d yo bring the pictures in via iPhoto? If not give it a try, some people
> report more success this way.
>
> I've used Photo-to-Movie in the past with good results and they have
> ImageSurfer which may be useful to you (http://lqgraphics.com)
>
> Rich

Rich,
I'm pretty sure my friend imported them all manually from a folder on his
machine. All of the JPEGs for my particular videos weren't stored in iPhoto,
so I had to import them from a folder as well. Plus, on some of them I
create 2 versions of the photo: one completely desaturated to black & white;
the other with a portion of the photo in color, and the rest desaturated.
Rather than do all this and then import into iPhoto, I just pull them in
from the folder.

--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com