[MacDV] Re: Pioneer DVR 3100S: what have I got here?

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Wed Dec 17 07:26:47 PST 2003

on 12/16/03 10:05 PM, Zane H. Healy at healyzh at aracnet.com scripsit:

>> The issue with stand alones like this is that they only handle menus in a
>> limited fashion. You may very well be able to output some project via DV
>
> Out of curiousity, how good is the video quality on these units?  Also, with
> the DVD-R blanks can you record multiple episodes at different times, or just
> one?  They're dropping down in price to the point that they might be
> something interesting to pick up.

A friend in the UK has a panasonic unit. My only problem was that she used
+rw dvds and my old players couldn't read them.

The quality was pretty good, but she was 'taping' the Sweeney and well they
aren't in the best shape (1974), and you are 'taping' off TV... but its
pretty darned good and a space saver.

Donna
My Brother, My Captain, My King - Boromir
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
People must learn to stop being insects - Thor

"looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Secret Diaries

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi