[MacDV] Anamorphic Widescreen

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Dec 26 06:30:48 PST 2003

>I've got footage that I've been editing in Final Cut Express that is 16:9, yet when I export it so that I can build the DVD in DVD Studio Pro 2, it seems to be getting turned into 4:3.  Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I figured out what I did wrong, unfortunately it was at the beginning of the editing process so to get it into 16:9 anamorphic, I'll have to re-edit everything.  It looks like when you start editing you have to select "Sequence Settings..." on the sequence asset, then click on the "Load Preset..." button and change it from one of the "Superwhite" settings to one of the "Anamorphic" settings.

Now I've got to see about getting the video re-edited <sigh>, at least people seemed to like the Letterboxed copy of the DVD that I brought to show what I was doing.

I guess I should look at it as, if I have to go to the trouble of re-editing the video, I'll be more likely to remember what I did wrong on the next one that I do :^/

			Zane