Where are the media??

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 06:59:33 PST 2003

Erica wrote:

>Open the reference movie (266k) in QuickTime Pro. Then
>export the movie to a new QuickTime movie.
>
>-- Erica

Thanks and a big huh? Does this mean that unless one has QT Pro (which I do
in QT5 under 9.2.2, but don't in QT6 in OSX) one can no longer simply
export a QT movie from iMovie? Unless one wants to make a DVD, what the
heck good is it? This is really like cutting the program off at the legs,
IMO.

So if I understand correctly, this is a dead end to what might be
considered a reasonable workflow:
- Import all desired clips into iMovie
- Select some to export to a Quicktime movie
- When those files are imported to the timeline,natch, they disappear from
the shelf (sorry, wrong term, another brain cell bites the dust...)
-Make the movie.

Only you can't make the movie without upgrading to Pro, and you can't just
copy the clips out of the media folder because who the blazes remembers
which clips they were?

Ludicrous. Another punch in the kidney from Apple. Please tell me I'm
misinformed. I'm on record as having had not the most rewarding experiences
in OSX(P). Is this yet another low blow?

Seasons greetings and a happy new year to all.

Bobbo

Art, pet and human portraits: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com

Voice Over website: http://www.bob-vo.com

And don't forget: do good works for free at http://www.thehungersite.com