iDVD discs & playback problems

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Mon Dec 29 21:02:06 PST 2003

My recently completed 2 video projects (iMovie 3.03 to iDVD 3), hit a snag
when I played the DVDs on various set-top players. All the discs started
stuttering & un-syncing about two-thirds of the way thru the discs.
So I scoured through the Apple iDVD discussion boards & found others who had
set-top player issues with their iDVD-produced DVDs.

One suggestion was to copy the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder on the
iDVD-produced disc to my hard drive (along with an AUDIO_TS folder) and then
burn a new DVD using Toast 6.  I was able to copy all the files except two:
VTS_02_1.VOB (about 900MB) and VTS_03_1.VOB (about 123MB).  I keep getting
an error message in the Finder when trying to copy them.  I get the same
copying error on multiple copies of the DVD. So, now I'm stuck & unable to
try the Toast 6 duplication suggestion.

The DVDs were burned on a Pioneer DVR106 at work. I'm trying to copy the
VIDEO_TS contents from the disc on an internal DVD-ROM on my iMac DV SE at
home. One DVD will not even mount on my iMac's drive. The others will mount
but keep giving me the copy errors.

Could the playback issues be related to the fact that I can't copy those
particular files from the DVD? Has anyone else here experienced set-top
playback problems with their iDVD-produced discs? Some on the Apple
discussion board successfully used the Toast 6 duping method. Any other
suggestions?
--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com