[MacDV] iDVD discs & playback problems

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Mon Dec 29 21:02:36 PST 2003

On Dec 29, 2003, at 9:02 PM, Randy Clark wrote:

> Could the playback issues be related to the fact that I can't copy
> those
> particular files from the DVD?

Yes.   This is exactly the problem.

Try gently washing the disk in lightly-soaped water, and completely
drying it with a lint-free cloth.  This will remove grease, dirt, hair
and other surface contaminants that are throwing off both the places
you have tried to read this disk.

If the disk still won't play, and still gives an error message in the
Finder, then you have an error on the original platter, and your only
recourse is to recreate those files from original source material.
I.e. burn a new dvd.

The Finder I/O error makes it clear that the problem is nothing to do
with bitrate.

      Peter