[MacDV] Re: imovie storage

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Dec 30 20:08:53 PST 2003

On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 10:55  PM, James Asherman wrote:

>> You can simply use Capture Now. This will require more HD space while
>> editing, but allows you to dump the media files when you're done,
>> thus saving hundreds if not thousands in HD costs.

Agreed it costs more space. That is why I have invested in space. 80
gigs >$100
New DV player <$1000.
   Now other than saving all my footage on my deep storage drive
(separate from capture/scratch drive) and saving the project file,
(what I might do with an "important " job)
Please explain how I can get the equivalent repeatability(of logging)
with capture now and my space hog methods, and still wipe the media out
when  think i'm done(as I do).
This may be something I have missed or overlooked and could be useful.
Jim