[MacDV] Re: iDVD discs & playback problems

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 30 20:08:29 PST 2003

>For DVD-R and DVD-RW, I buy only Verbatim media.  Verbatim is the brand which Apple uses most widely in-house for testing and SQA.  I was told this by the sw developer involved with those efforts.

Verbatim DataLifePlus media is hands down the best, but it's getting hard to find anyone that sells it.  You can actually get the CD-R's, and CD-RW's from the Apple Stores.  What I'm wondering is how good of quality the Apple branded DVD-R's are, and who makes them for Apple.  I really wish they carried the Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD-R media instead, it's gotten to where the next time I buy any I'll have to mail order them.

			Zane