imovie3 and firwire in OS 10.2.3

macstamper macstamper at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 1 01:19:34 PST 2003

I upgraded our imacDV (500 Mhz) to OS 10.2.3 and found that I can no longer
import video from a Sony DVCAM deck that we've been using for 2 years!
Found that it was an issue on the imovie discussion boards, but didn't see
anything about imovie3 and if this is still an issue.

Running 10.2.3, the firewire ports don't recognize the deck anymore
(according to the Apple Profiler).  Is this an imovie or OS 10.2.3 problem?
Any fixes that you know of?  Should I just reinstall OS 9.2.2 so that I can
use imovie?  The imacDV is basically only for editing.

So bummed,
Kathy