[MacDV] 20" & May 2003 23" Specs

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Feb 1 20:33:34 PST 2003

Yes, I am the one who mentioned the difference.

old 22" is 1600 x 1024

new 20" is 1680x 1050 so it a we bit higher resolution plus all the
pixels are closer together so it's sharper.

the 23" Cinema HD is the same old 1920 x 1200 but is going to be
replaced by a higher quality screen in about 3 months.

 From PowerJack on SpyMac.com

" The 23-inch Cinema uses the #LM230W01 panel from LG.Philips and has a
manufacturer response time spec of 40ms/typical and 60ms/maximum.

  The 20.1-inch Cinema uses the #F8964 IPS panel from Chi Mei
Optoelectronics and has a manufacturer response time spec of
26ms/typical and 32ms/maximum.

  I don't have a datasheet here on the existing 17-inch holdover Studio
Display.

There is a new 23-inch panel coming from Philips in March,
the#LM230W02, with (draft) response time specs of 24ms/typical and
36ms/maximum. The mechanical specs are the same as the existing panel,
so it's a drop-in swap. It has not yet been designated as Apple-only,
but there is no ordering/pricing info being passed down through LG
distribution, which indicates that it is a captive OEM product... for
who else but Apple?

So if you're thinking of the 23" you better wait until Apple starts
shipping that improved technology in about May. It will be the same
1920 x 1200 resolution and 23" diagonal."

I favor the 23" because I'm a 1200 vertical kind of guy. So I think
that this model will be much improved by Summer 2003.