iMovie 3 - Still photos

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 2 07:13:00 PST 2003

I too was mystified when I imported several stills and all three started
rending at the same time in the Clip shelf.

The way to turn them back into stills is to click on Photo and pull out
all of the zoom effect (from both the Start and Finish buttons).

Someone on this list or the iMovie list asked how to do panning. You
click on the Start button and use the hand (that appears when the cursor
is in the small preview window) to drag the frame into position.
(Obviously you'll need some zoom to fill the frame with only a portion
of the image.) Then click the Finish button and set your ending position
and zoom.

That worked OK when my image had enough pixels to zoom in, but using a
still photo that was only 480 x 640 (portrait) and zooming in to the
bottom to fill the width, then panning to the top produced an
interesting (but undesirable) effect. It pieced together two different
parts of the image.

Shirley