iMovie 3 minor irritation

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 09:51:48 PST 2003

On 2/1/03 at 9:11 PM, Kim Peterson <tupper_kim at mac.com> transmitted the
following electronic message:

>All,
>
> After starting iMovie 3 it gives the following error while opening:
>
>"Something is wrong with the plugin Localized.rsrc.  After selecting
>ok it appears to start fine and everything I've checked so far works.
>I can't find any specific file of that name that might have a problem
>with it.  Any ideas what might be causing this problem?  Thanks.
>
>Kim

The odds are extremely high that you have the Toast Video CD Export
plugin installed. Remove the plug-in and the error should go away. The
Toast plug-in is a different format than iMovie 3 expects (Apple
switched to mach-o format executables).

--Dennis Cohen
  iLife Bible (April/May 2003)
  iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, & iDVD Bible