iMovie 3

Matti Haveri matti.haveri at sjoki.uta.fi
Sun Feb 2 09:35:15 PST 2003

I must confess that I've used iMovie on an unsupported 8600/G5 450
(416 MB RAM) but nevertheless iMovie 1.0.2 (Mac OS 9.1) and v2.1.1
(Mac OS 10.1.5) have worked OK.

But iMovie 3.0.1 was a complete disaster with my setup:

Export to tape stuttered so that the video frame rate was about 1
frame per second or even several seconds per frame!! Also the audio
stuttered badly. iMovie also crashed a couple of times (v2.1.1 never
crashed).

Luckily I tested iMovie on my test partition so I could easily revert
to old versions (I have used Carbon Copy Cloner 1.3.1 to clone test
partitions).

--
Matti Haveri <matti.haveri at sjoki.uta.fi> <http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/~shmhav/>