[mac8500-l] Re: iMovie 3

Phil A. Lefebvre p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu
Sun Feb 2 18:21:11 PST 2003

I used iMovie 3 on a 400 MHz PowerBook G3 (FireWire) this weekend. It
worked with and outputted an old project just fine, but interface
responsiveness was very, very slow and the application was a bit
unstable. It crashed several times while rendering titles, and I had
a couple other unexpected quits for unknown reasons. OTOH, the final
quality of the rendered titles were superior to what iMovie 2 could
do.

A huge pain is that it refuses to export to FireWire if the camcorder
doesn't have a recordable tape in it. I wanted to make multiple
copies of the movie. I normally use the camcorder as pass-through to
the VCR, but not record to the camcorder (at least not after the
first pass). This worked with iMovie 2, but I can't get it to do so
in iM3.