Still... Sound Effects Where?!

David themixguy at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 10:35:22 PST 2003

Sorry to be thick...

But I can't make my own sound effects folder show up in iMovie 3 (dual
USB iBook, Jaguar). I created a "Sound Effects" folder in the Library
for iMovie and placed it in the "Plug-ins" folder. No luck. Can someone
post the recipe for this struggling newbie? And I was hoping to make
one folder with all my sound effects to be used by all users on this
computer, not duplicating folders for each user or importing all sound
effects into iTunes (a workaround).

Thanks,
-DC

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 01:32 AM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> Thank you Pam. I was wondering where they were too. I found the
> "Sound=20=
>
> Effects" folder just where you told us to look. But I noticed that
> what=20=
>
> was in it didn't all appear in the "iMovie Sound Effects" list. What=20
> wasn't showing up were all the ones not nested in a folder.
>
> Turns out you have to have all of your sounds inside folders in that=20
> "Sound Effects" folder for them to show up. You can even create new=20
> folders for new effects categories. So that's the rule everyone.
> Follow=20=
>
> Pam's lead to the "Sound Effects" folder, then put all you want in=20
> there but in folders =97 nothing loose. And both aiff and mp3 files =
> work.
>
> Anyone know where the "Skywalker Sound Effects" and the "Standard
> Sound=20=
>
> Effects" are? Not in the "Sound Effects" folder.
>
> Now can anyone tell us where the Visual Effects are? How do we add=20
> those? I tried the import command. But the effects I want to import=20
> (samples from the Apple effects page) remain grey.
>
> Thanks.

> On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 05:12  PM, Pwadams at aol.com wrote:
>
>> You know, you could add them to your home folder for direct access=20
>> from iMovie, right?
>> Go to your home folder-library-iMovie.  There should already be a=20
>> plug-ins folder there assuming you downloaded the iMovie Plugin Pack.
>> =20=
>
>> You just make another folder entitled Sound Effects and put the
>> sound=20=
>
>> files in there.  The next time you open iMovie, they should be there.
>> Pam=

David Cole
Noise In The Attic
P.O. Box 575