[MacDV] Memorex DVD-R Fails in Superdrive

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Sun Feb 2 21:18:11 PST 2003

I have successfully burned Verbatim, imation and a ton of no name DVD-R
disks that I bought at
   http://www.effectuality.ca/
I have made a couple of coaster but they were the result of leaving
other programs running in the background while the disk was actually
being burned.  We have a Sony set top player and all the above disks
run flawlessly.  My brother's Pioneer also has no trouble playing them.
  One of our friends has an off brand DVD player and it plays the movies
fine but has trouble with the audio at times, either drops out
completely or is of annoyingly poor quality.

Gerhard
On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:01  AM, Ric Perrott wrote:

> Just thought I'd try and save someone else the frustration I went
> through trying to get Memorex brand DVD-Rs to work in my 17" iMac's
> SuperDrive. They won't even read never-mind burn. The Superdrive just
> whines and spins the disc for 2 minutes before ejecting it.
>
> In a word this sucks.
>
> I can (of course) use Apple branded DVD-Rs fine, but my set top player
> cannot read them (ARRGH!)
>
> Any recommendations for DVD-R media that works with BOTH the iMac
> Superdrive and set top DVD players?

> digest version.

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Gerhard Kuhn