[MacDV] Re: Newbie Question "iMovie editing"

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Mon Feb 3 08:44:22 PST 2003

> Subject: [MacDV] Re: Newbie Question  "iMovie editing"
> From: Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com>
>
> On 2/2/03 7:22 PM, "Eddie H.  Reed" <mac_ed at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> They are all .AVI's but I have yet to find a way to import them
>> into iMovie ?
>
> With varying degrees of success, QT Pro will turn them into DV Stream files
> which is the file type iMovie wants.
>
>> Is iMovie limited to clips only brought fresh in from the camera/device ?
>
> No - It's limited to clips in DV Stream format.

Actually, iMovie 3 can import just about any kind of movie. (No QuickTime
VR, of course, and nothing with weird sprites and the like.)

Just drag and drop a movie into iMovie 3's clips pane.

I just tried it with an .AVI shot by my digital still camera, and it worked
-- most cool!

- Jim Heid

--

Master iLife at iDay 2003! Saturday, Feb 8, Palo Alto
http://www.iday2003.com/