[MacDV] Re: 8500 audio trouble.

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Mon Feb 3 12:28:02 PST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 02:29  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> I didn't want to be the first to say what Mark just did. I really
> think that trying to run 21st century projects with 20th century gear
> is asking for trouble. You should be able to find a used G4 for way
> less than $1K by now.

Right you are no point in pounding a square peg in a round hole.  On
the other hand if he is happy running OS 9 and only wants iPhoto that
would not be enough of an incentive to spend the money on new hardware.
  Long ago learned that with electronics the longer you wait the more
you get for your money.

Gerhard

> On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 08:24  AM, Mark M. Florida wrote:
>
>> I kind of hate to say this, but if you *REALLY* want to use Mac OS X,
>> you probably ought to get a machine that is actually supported for
>> this.  Even an older G4/400 will run circles around the trusty old
>> 8500 (even with a G4 upgrade) -- and you can burn DVDs with iDVD
>> using an aftermarket Pioneer DVD-R drive (works like a charm in my
>> G4/500 at work).  So it may be time to just bite it and part ways
>> with the old 8500 to move on to newer and sexier hardware... (check
>> ebay for good deals, ya know?)

> digest version.

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Gerhard Kuhn