Quips & Quibbles with iMovie 3 (long)

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Mon Feb 3 21:04:43 PST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:45:34 -0800, Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:
>Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:45:34 -0800
>Subject: [MacDV] Re: Quips & Quibbles with iMovie 3 (long)
>From: Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>
>Geno,
>When you play a video, does the scratch bar location triangle with the
>time code on it roll smoothly with all the frame count displaying like
>iMovie 2 did? Mine stutters across although the movie is playing fine,
>that triangle with time code jumps several seconds at a time instead of
>flowing across frame by frame with all the numbers flying by in iMovie
>2. Let's start with this quirk that I think a lot of us are getting. Is
>your's smooth or jerky?

I thought I'd take this opportunity to respond to your survey.

On my iMac G4 800 (15-in flat panel) with 1GB RAM, playing a
16-second clip in iMovie 3, the playhead  and frame count move at a
consistent jerky rate of about 11 frames per jerk, but the clip video
and sound play smoothly.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>