[MacDV] 8500 & VCD's

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Wed Feb 5 09:35:40 PST 2003

on 2/5/03 9:48 AM, R. A. Cantrell at racan at flash.net scripsit:

> It is my intention to import
> video (footage?) from a Sharp analog video camera via the composite in jacks
> on the 8500 and into Strata Videoshop 4.5's Digitizing window.
Look like you and I are the only Strata people here...

I'm using an XLR8 USB into Strata 4.5.1 on 9.2.2 and Quicktime 5.0. Don't
forget to go into the "Show info" for Videoshop and allot it more memory.
That will help.

Whatever you do don't go to Quicktime 6.0!!!! It screwed me over royally and
I had to uninstall QT6, Videoshop and the drivers for my XLR* and start
over...

You have enough Ram and HD space to do 640 x 480 capture. MPEG-2 will play
on most things or mp3. I'm sure someone can tell you how to convert to that.
I use Sorensen for compressing for web use but I don't have any experience
in video out to tape or DVD though. I hope you get some better answers!

Good Luck,
Donna
My Brother, My Captain, My King - Boromir
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
People must learn to stop being insects - Thor

"looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Secret Diaries

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi