[MacDV] IDVD and yLife (why iLife)

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 5 15:00:21 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 03:10 PM, Steve Demarest wrote:

> So, who would want to buy iLife?

People who have a superdrive mac and iDVD 2

>     Now if only split clips appeared split in the Finder and if only
> they could be named in iMovie and have those names carry forward to
> the Finder. I still find it very hard to share clips between projects
> because of this naming hassle. When is iMovie 4 coming out?

That is probably not going to change because its an integral part of
what makes responsive video editing possible. The program leaves the
basic video resources intact, and keeps track of the changes you've
made and only applies them when you export or empty the trash.
Otherwise, the program would be incredibly slow because it would have
to move MB to GB of data for every change. All video editing programs
work this way.

SR