iMovie3 can't recognize my iPhoto Library

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Feb 7 08:13:51 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 01:51:31 -0800, Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org> wrote:
>You have launched and converted all of iPhoto contents to iPhoto 2
>right? Then you have to wait a while for iMovie 3 to do it's thing to
>finally display all that. I had the same experience when I first
>launched iMovie 3. I'm pretty sure iMovie 3 can't read iPhoto 1
>pictures.

>On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 01:44  AM, Dannis Chan wrote:
>
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  iMovie seems to not recognize my iPhoto Library. I have nothing shown
>>  on the "Photo" in iMovie3. Besides this problem, all other functions
>>  work fine.
>>  Any idea or fix?
>>
>>  Thanks
>  > Dannis

I ordered the iLife discs and ran the installer a few days ago, which
installs or updates all of the iLife apps -- iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie,
and iDVD.

Somewhere in the documentation, it advised that after installation, I
should run each of those apps, one-at-a-time, in the order I listed
above. This assures that each app's files have been updated to the
format that the "subsequent" application expects to find to provide
its integration features.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>