iMovie3 camcorder compatibility

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Feb 7 08:19:15 PST 2003

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:52:28 +0200, Tom and Isabel Dempsey
<finearts at otenet.gr> wrote:
>Apple.com's iMovie3 page has a link to a "camcorder compatibility" list.
>
>  <http://www.apple.com/imovie/compatibility/camcorder.html>
>
>The list  contains about 80 Canon, Sony, JVC and Panasonic camcorders.
>
>I was under the impression that most any Firewire camcorder could be
>connected to a Mac and use iMovie.
>
>I don't own a Digital Video  camera yet. I was thinking of the Sony DCR-TRV
>240 or DCR-TRV 240e but neither is on Apple's compatibility list.
>
>Does anyone know what the compatibility list means? Compatibility with what?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom in Skopelos

Those cameras have been certified by Apple as being compatible with iMovie.

It doesn't necessarily mean that other cameras aren't compatible.

But if you consider getting a camera that's not on the list, you
would be well advised to check around to be sure that it will work
with iMovie. Or get the seller to agree to let you return the camera
if it turns out to be incompatible.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>